How to Install Kloxo-MR on CentOS VPS
#howto ,#tutorial #VPS – How to Install Kloxo-MR on CentOS VPS – This tutorial explains step by step guide (with pics) about How to Install Kloxo-MR on CentOS VPS
Kloxo-MR is another alternative of free web hosting / server control panel that can be solution for you who don’t want to manually install webserver, MySQL and PHP. The software is basically a fork of original Kloxo CP by LXCenter. The MR part of Kloxo-MR is Mustafa Ramadhan, the one who did the fork, enhance and develop this truly modified version. I posted that Kloxo users should be more aware because it has recently got new exploit but then Mustafa Ramadhan claimed that Kloxo-MR is not vulnerable with the same exploit.
I was never use Kloxo (and Kloxo-MR) before not because it’s bad but Kloxo is too complete for a free web panel. It has a bunch of advanced features making new users a bit frustrated in using it for the very first time. But then I decide to write a tutorial about it and I choose Kloxo-MR.
Did I explain it’s not too vulnerable already? Now it’s time to check its key features which I think too complete and best of all you can get it without paying a penny. Let’s check out:
- Supported OS: Redhat / CentOS 5 and 6 (32bit and 64bit) or their variants
- Billing Software: AWBS, WHMCS, HostBill, TheHostingTool, AccountLab Plus and Blesta (note: claim by billing’s author)
- Web server: Nginx, Nginx-Proxy and Lighttpd-proxy; beside Httpd and Lighttpd (in progress: Varnish, Hiawatha, ATS and Httpd 2.4) *)
- Php: Dual-php with php 5.3/5.4 as primary and php 5.2 as secondary (in progress: multiple-php) *)
- PHP-type for Apache: php-fpm_worker/_event and fcgid_worker/_event; beside mod_php/_ruid2/_itk and suphp/_worker/_event
- Mail server: qmail-toaster instead special qmail (in progress: change from courier-imap to dovecot as imap/pop3) *)
- Database Server: MySQL or MariaDB
- Database Manager: PHPMyAdmin; Adminer, MyWebSql and SqlBuddy as additional **)
- Webmail: Afterlogic Webmail Lite, Telaen, Squirrelmail and Roundcube; Horde and T-Dah dropped
- FTP server: Pure-ftpd
- DNS Server: Bind and Djbdns; ready testing for Powerdns, MaraDNS and NSD *)
- Addons: ClamAV, Spamassassin/Bogofilter/Spamdyke and RKHunter
- Fixed many bugs of Kloxo Official (including security issues)
- And many more!
Some stuff you need before installing:
- A VPS or Dedicated Server (DS) running CentOS. In this tutorial I use (recommended) CentOS 6 x86_64 minimal.
- Ability to use SSH Client like Putty (or Terminal on Linux and Mac)
- Basic knowledge of Linux command
- About 30 minutes of your spare time
- A cup of Coffee or Tea if you like.
How to Install
Step 1 – Login to your server as root:
Step 2 – To make sure all things are updated, run ym update command:
yum update -y
wait for the process to complete
Step 3 – Issue this command to install some necessary packages:
yum install yum-utils yum-priorities vim-minimal subversion curl zip unzip -y
Also this one:
yum install telnet wget -y
Step 4 – Make sure SELinux is disabled. You can check it with this command:
if not, you can disable it using this command:
echo 'SELINUX=disabled' > /etc/selinux/config
Step 5 – Now you can add repo URL of Kloxo-MR. Currently -during I write this post- there are two main version: v6.5.0 and v7.0.0. This guide will show you how to install Kloxo-MR v7.00. Start by changing directory to /tmp.
then remove old .rpm if any:
rm -f mratwork*
Then download the repo file using wget:
wget https://github.com/mustafaramadhan/kloxo/raw/rpms/release/neutral/noarch/mratwork-release-0.0.1-1.noarch.rpm --no-check-certificate rpm -ivh mratwork-release-0.0.1-1.noarch.rpm
then go back to upper directory
Step 6 – Now issue these series of command before we proceed to the install process:
yum clean all yum update mratwork-* -y
Step 7 – Now begin the install process with this command:
yum install kloxomr7 -y
Once done you’ll see something like this:
Step 8 – Now the last magic command to issue is:
That will install everything so the process will be a little bit longer than any previous command above so sit tight and wait till it finished.
And once done you’ll see something like this:
Step 9 – Now open up your favorite web browser and login to Kloxo-MR admin page for the very first time:
https://1ip-address:7777 – secure ssl connection, or..
http://1ip-address:7778 – normal one.
Default username is admin and password is admin.
That’s it. Wait for my next article. Do not forget to follow Servermom on twitter or download my official Android app.
Kloxo-MR basic configuration
How to host your first website on Kloxo-MR.
This post How to Install Kloxo-MR on CentOS VPS is part of ServerMom.